1823 CR 386, Tyler, TX 75708 (Map) | Mailing Address: PO Box 6151 Tyler, Texas 75711-6151 - Phone: 903-597-2471
Answer: Easy! Just visit our Support page for more information on how you can help! And thank you!
Answer: Dog and Cat Rabies Vaccination Requirements: The state of Texas requires that dogs and cats be vaccinated against rabies by 4 months of age and on a 1-year or 3-year basis thereafter depending on the vaccine used. It is recommended that you check your city and county ordinances for rabies vaccination requirements. Smith County requires vaccinations annually.
Additionally, when traveling with a dog or cat, have in your possession a rabies vaccination certificate that was signed by a veterinarian. Check with your veterinarian about other vaccines that are available for a wide range of diseases.
Answer: Refer to the Humane Society of United States for more info – they have disaster preparedness brochures designed to answer your questions.
Answer: See below…
ARTICLE II.PROHIBITED ACTS
Section 14-10. Limitation on number of dogs and cats; exceptions.
1. It is unlawful for any household to own or keep more than four (4) dogs or four (4) cats or any combination thereof upon any private premises within the City limits subject to the following exceptions:
1. Veterinary clinic, animal hospital, or similar facility;
2. Animal shelter or adoption facility;
3. A kennel;
4. A pet shop;
5. Research institution;
6. Qualified researcher;
7. Performing animal exhibition or
8. Litters up to twelve (12) weeks old.
Section 14-11.Stray animals unlawful; declared a nuisance.
1. It is unlawful for any person, without regard to mental state, to suffer or permit any animal to run astray within the City limits or within five thousand (5,000) feet thereof. Each subsequent violation involving the same animal or owner shall result in a higher minimum fine.
ARTICLE IV. RABIES CONTROL
Sec. 14-30. Proof of vaccination required.
1. All dogs and cats within the City limits must be vaccinated against rabies annually and obtain some sort of proof confirming that vaccination.